• Amateur journalists, editors, authors
(children and young people, e.g. editors of school papers, and adults)
• “Trainee professional journalists, editors, authors” and
• professional journalists, editors and authors
2. Media (genres)
The primary focus is on print, radio, online, television (aimed at children and young people among others).
A convincing concept is aimed for in the following media (genres); there are no restrictions on the linguistic form:
• Newspaper or online article (bulletin, editorial report, interview, feature, commentary, review)
• Radio piece (bulletin, documentary, interview, feature, commentary, review)
• Television (bulletin, documentary, interview, feature, commentary, review)
Each participant must indicate which genre his work is to compete in.
The following may be submitted:
• Manuscripts: articles, bulletins, documentaries, interviews, reviews, synopses,
concepts, features, commentaries (maximum five pages in length)
• Scenes, extracts from radio or TV pieces including formulated dialogues
(maximum 15 pages in length)
• Text in PDF format
(with name, title of the work, number of pages and genre)
• Audio file in MP3 format, no longer than 5 minutes long. File size:
max. 1 GB in broadcast quality
• Video file in MOV or MP4 H264 format,
(no longer than 5 minutes long; file size: max. 1 GB in broadcast quality)
Entrants may select any number of topics; however, no more than 3 (three) pieces of work may be entered.
4.1. Critical journalism
4.2. Investigative journalism
4.3. Lies and manipulation in reporting, news, press releases
4.4. Journalism of the future
5. Conditions of participation
• Submissions (PDF, MP3 or MP4 file) must be uploaded to the competition’s
digital database by participants
• Bilingual texts and/or dialogues (written, spoken, displayed, etc.) in German and English;
one of both languages sufficient as a PDF,
(the translators will be integrated in a possible prize ceremony/award),
• In the event of winning a prize/a special recognition, the participant is to provide a
high-resolution version of his/her work on DVD if requested
• Participants (also one representative of a group) must send a completed and signed
entry form as an attachment to the e-mail address provided,
participation is not possible without registration.
• The organisers’ decision is final. There is no recourse to legal action.
Closing date for entries: 31 July 2016
We recommend uploading works to the database at least four days before the closing date and mailing the written entry form (PDF)in good time.