V. Soundtracks/Sound Design
This genre includes self-made film soundtracks and audio design works and covers work done for films as well as radio plays, sound design work as well as orchestral and vocal musical compositions in all musical genres (rock, pop, jazz, beat, etc.) and all the stylistic periods of so-called serious/classical music.
The following may be submitted
• “Finished" works (e.g. for short films, feature films, documentary, animated films)
with music and/or with sound
• Pieces of music on their own or sound works on their own which inspire the making of
a film or writing of a manuscript, screenplay, etc.
• Audio design works
• Works (music/sound) suitable for operas, musicals
• music videos.
• Amateur composers (children, young people, adults)
• Professional “trainee composers” (including those still studying, apprentices, etc.)
and professional composers
• Audio file of approx. 5 to 15 minutes (max.)
• Maximum file size 1 GB
• Entries to be submitted as MP3 and MP4 files
• opera and musical recordings as MOV or MP4 (H264) files and
• in HD resolution (1280x720 or 1920x1080) or SD resolution (16x9)
3.1. Range of topics
Violence – Consequences – Solutions
3.2. Range of topics
Looking to the future to the diversity of a life full of joie
de vivre, sincerity, harmony, love, friendship, the laughter of children and much more
Example: "What made you happy last week?"
3.3. Topical suggestions
4. Conditions of participation
• Submissions must be uploaded to the competition’s digital database by participants
• Amateur composers and “trainee composers" must describe the topic of the work
• Bilingual texts and/or dialogues (written, spoken, sung, displayed, etc.) in German
and English; one of both languages sufficient as a PDF,
(the translators will be integrated in a possible prize ceremony/award),
• For the award of certain prizes a score is required
• On request, the participant is to provide a version in broadcast quality on DVD
• Participants must send a completed and signed entry form as an attachment to
the e-mail address provided,
participation is not possible without registration
• The organisers’ decision is final. There is no recourse to legal action.
Closing date for entries: 31 July 2016
We recommend uploading works to the database at least four days before the closing date and mailing the written entry form (PDF) in good time.